There have been some major improvements concerning the drone “Follow the sign” application. The drone can now:
- Determine the correct path to fly whenever a stop sign is detected
- Do this even if the drone is currently not parallel to the ground
- Follow the sign when it is detected
Nevertheless, there is still some work to do:
- Sign detection is not as robust as I had hoped for. I’ll have to switch to something more simple (like detecting red spots).
- The movement of the drone has to be calibrated very carefully.
- The FOV of the bottom camera is indeed very limited. So I’ll have to detect relatively small spots or fly very high.
As soon as I succeeded with these issues, I’ll show you another video. As soon as it works well, I’ll provide the source code. Stay tuned!