For some time now, the Parroteer drone control source code has been Open Source using the GPL v3 license. The code is also available on GitHub. Since the application is becoming more and more stable, we thought that it would be a good idea to write about it now.
The application contains of 2 products:
- One for steering the drone using a LeapMotion controller with one hand
- One for steering the drone using the Senz3D camera in combination with the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK
To get started, you’ll need:
- The Oracle JDK or OpenJDK
- Apache Maven
- A LeapMotion controller with latest drivers installed
- Alternatively, a Senz3D camera and the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK
Have fun using it.